Nortel 6120 Wireless WLAN Phone
Nortel 6120 WLAN Wireless Phone:
The Nortel 6120 WLAN wireless telephone is designed for the industrial environment with its push-to-talk capability eliminating the need for two-way radios appropriate for work groups that are dispersed throughout an environment. The larger earpiece provides comfort for the user and seals out background noise.
VoWLAN represents the integration of two important and rapidly growing technologies — WLAN and IP Telephony. By seamlessly integrating the IP Telephony system with WLAN infrastructure, users are provided with high-quality mobile voice and data communications throughout the workplace.
The Nortel 6120 WLAN phone handset is engineered for demanding environments that require a high level of mobility, yet is rugged enough for heavy use.
Utilizing its Open Application Interface (OAI) via the Nortel WLAN Application Gateway 2246, the 6120 WLAN cordless telephone handset can function as a two-way messaging device allowing integration with other enterprise systems to provide mobile workers with access to critical information. Designed for premises-based mobile communication in the workplace, this intermediate-level IEEE 802.11a/b/g wireless device is optimized for use in a general office, and in financial and hospitality industries.
Click here for a larger view of this phone.
- Designed for use as a premises-based device, the WLAN Handset 6120 telephony capabilities are fully integrated with Nortel Communication Server platforms
- Delivers high-quality voice communication over standards-based IEEE 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN infrastructures
- Helps improve mobility, responsiveness and productivity of employees as they move across the facility or campus
- WLAN handset supports advanced telephony features and functionality similar to the Nortel IP Phone 1140E or IP Phone 2004 desksets
- Ease of use with minimal training via familiar Nortel IP Telephony feature usage and provisioning
- Durable handsets designed for shock, dust and water resistance in demanding environments and vertical applications
- Refined interface ergonomics with a fully backlit pixel-based display and keypad, menu-driven interface, dedicated side volume keys, four-way navigation cluster plus Enter key and four discrete contextsensitive soft keys
- Support for Nortel communication server-based features including:Corporate Directory, Personal Directory,Callers List, Redial List and Virtual Office Login
- Handsfree options with an integrated speakerphone designed for instant adhoc conferences and a 2.5mm headset jack located on the side of the handset to allow easy access while the handset is placed in the desktop charger