Cisco 7942G Unified IP Phone
Cisco 7942G IP Phone (CP-7942G) is a full-featured IP phone with speakerphone and handset designed for wideband audio. It is intended to meet the needs of needs of transaction-type workers with significant phone traffic. It has two programmable backlit line/feature buttons and four interactive soft keys that guide you through all call features and functions.
The Cisco 7942G Unified IP Phone phone has a large, 4-bit grayscale graphical LCD that provides features such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, digits dialed, and presence information. The crisp graphic capability of the display allows for the inclusion of higher value, more visibly rich Extensible Markup Language (XML) applications, and support for localization requiring double-byte Unicode encoding for fonts. A hands-free speakerphone and handset designed for hi-fidelity wideband audio are standard on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G, as is a built-in headset connection and an integrated Ethernet switch.
The Cisco 7942G IP Phone is designed to grow with your organization and enhancements to your system capabilities. The dynamic feature set allows the phone to keep pace with your requirements through regular software updates. Firmware changes can be downloaded from Cisco.com. No hands-on moves and changes are required with the phone-you can simply pick up the phone and move to a new location anywhere on your network. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G also provides many accessibility features.
Cisco 7942G IP Phone Features:
- Large, pixel-based LCD display that provides information such as date and time, calling party name, number, and digits dialed; supports double byte characters
- 2 programmable line and feature keys
- 4 dynamic soft keys to guide users through call features and functions
- Built-in headset port and high quality speakerphone with mute
- Internal Cisco two-port Ethernet switch
- Messages key offers direct access to voicemail
- Multi-protocol capable (SCCP, SIP, and MGCP)
- G.711 and G.729a audio compression
- Configuration can be automatic or manual via DHCP, TFTP, Cisco Unified CallManagers, and backup Cisco Unified CallManagers
- Powered by local 48VDC power supply (see accessory below), any Cisco Inline Power-capable blades and boxes, or by 802.3af PoE
- Firmware upgradeable
- One Year Warranty
Cisco 7942 IP Phone Compatibility:
- Cisco CallManager Version 3.3(2) and later, using the Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) protocol
- SIP (RFC 2543)
- Cisco Call Manager/Call Manager Express Users:
Spare or replacement telephone without license
Pre-loaded with SCCP for use with Cisco Call Manager / Call Manager Express
- SIP Users:
Can choose SIP protocol for use with SIP enabled IP PBX systems (e.g. Asterisk, etc.)
Cisco 7942 IP Phone Documentation:
We can source any item, even from brands that are not represented on our website.