SBX Announcement, Call Processing and Music/Messaging-On-Hold System
SBX Digital Announcer System
The SBX is a single board version of Interalia’s popular XMU+ announcement, call processing and music/message-on-hold solution.
The SBX is ideal for companies requiring small (8 port and under) ACD announcement, auto attendant, call processing, music/messaging-on-hold and dial-by-name functionality.
It provides the functionality of the popular XMU+ system at an extremely affordable price, and works seamlessly with all major telephone systems.
The SBX can be used in so many ways. It can process calls, prompt callers for information, or play a variety of interesting ACD announcements until an agent is available. It can even transfer calls when operators are not available, re-directing to ACD queues, IVR ports, departments, voicemail or information messages. The SBX is ideal for any application that requires 8 ports or under for:
- Call Processing
- Auto Attendant
- ACD Announcements
- After-Hour Attendant
- Interactive Audiotex
- Information Lines
- Hotel Wake-Up
- Disaster and Emergency Messages
- And much more...
SBX - Additional Information
- Choice of 4 or 6 announcement channels
- One platform for call processing, audiotext, ACD messages, dial-by-name and music/messaging-on-hold
- Messages can be scheduled in advance by day-of-week, date-and-time or holiday
- Message manager to easily record and change messages
- 4 or 8 analog ports
- 8, 16, 32 or 60 minutes of non-volatile audio storage
- 2 music-on-hold outputs (separate from other ports)
- 1 music-on-hold input for an external music source
- Excellent solution for 8 ports or under
- FLASH memory (no batteries required)
- Callers can rotate through a variety of messages on a single port
- Stores messages in .wav file format
- Windows-based management software with easy to use GUI
- Built-in modem and Ethernet connection
- Easily change messages from your desktop
- Standard multi-site management tools
- Disaster recovery override activates pre-programmed instructions or messages
- Interfaces to network redirect services
- Remote multi-language prompt support
Dial by Name*
The SBX can provide dial-by-name functionaliy making it easy to setup and maintain a dial-by-name application for your company. With the addition of two new programming modes, DBN node and DIR node, you can import a .CSV file containing the names and extensions of your employees directly into the SBX. The DIR (directory) mode stores all the names and numbers in one place making adds, moves and changes a simple process. The system uses pre-recorded prompts and a standard interface, however it can be customized to suit any company.
Common Problems Solved by the SBX
1. We need to provide our customers with a lot of different information.
With the SBX, your customers can call a single telephone number then choose which messages they want to listen to. They can also transfer directly to an agent if they have complex requirements.
2. We want to promote our products and services to on-hold callers.
The SBX can provide a variety of interesting announcements to on-hold callers including messages that promote your products and services.
3. I want to cross-fade my music and messages.
The SBX is a very affordable way to provide music and messaging-on-hold because it enables you to cross-fade and blend your messages with music from an internal or external source.
4.Our employees spend too much time answering frequently asked questions.
If your agents are too busy, you don’t have to add expensive voicemail ports. Offload call processing to the SBX then use these ports for other things. The SBX is a cost effective way to offload attendant duties from staff, providing callers with the information they need and enabling staff to focus on callers with more complex questions.
5. I want to pre-record holiday and after-hour greetings in advance.
With the SBX, you can pre-schedule your holiday messages or greetings - days, weeks or months in advance, it will automatically turn them on/off at the correct date and time.
SBX Message Manager Software
Now SBX users can easily manage their messages on multiple systems directly from their desktop without a dedicated telephone line. Interalia has taken the power of remote telephone access and created a simplified message management tool that enables even non-technical staff to easily record, delete or play messages remotely from their desktop.
The Message Manager has a simple GUI interface and sound editing software making it easy to cut, copy, paste or edit audio files, change message audio volumes, label messages for easy identification and even turn messages on/off from any desktop.
Why the SBX is a better solution than an MMU2, DMU or SMU system
The SBX is a better call center solution than the discontinued MMU2, DMU or SMU systems for a variety of reasons:
- SBX does not use batteries so there is ongoing maintenance to worry about
- SBX uses FLASH memory for message and configuration backup - it's retained in the event of a power failure
- SBX has a solid state design with no moving parts to break down
- SBX has a LAN connection updates can be done remotely without going on-site
- SBX is a newer product fully supported and warrantied (the MMU2 is discontinued)
- SBX is environmentally friendly (lead-free and RoHS compliant)
- SBX is very affordably priced (about the same as the MMU2)
When should you consider an XMU+ instead of an SBX?
The SBX is part of the XMU+ family and delivers the same functionality as the larger XMU+ units, however there are some limitations. Firstly, the SBX is limited to 8 analog ports. Secondly, it provides a maximum of 2 MOH ports. Finally, it does not support T1. If your application requires more than 8 analog ports, 2 MOH ports or T1 capability, then you might want to consider an XMU+ system instead. For more info on the XMU+, click here).
We can source any item, even from brands that are not represented on our website.